Thursday, June 18, 2015

Another Adoption

That's right! I'm am now announcing ANOTHER adoption.... Of Little Big Man and Essa!! However, we are not their adoptive parents! I just got a phone call from them and they were adopted two weeks ago by the aunt and uncle that they have been living with! They were both so excited and eager to share the news of their new forever family and sound like they are doing fantastic which does my heart a whole lot of good! It renewed my faith in the system; these kids were taken from a very unstable, scary and unsafe situation and came to us where we were able to love and help them until their family was able to provide a long term, lifelong home and family for them! They talked to Tate and Emerson and talked about missing us and wanting to set up a time to get together which I think could be a lot of fun, I just would hope it wouldn't make my kiddos sad to say good bye again!

A year ago today we were preparing to send them on their way to live with their aunt, uncle, cousins and grandma. It was a very hard time around here, the kids' emotions were running high at the thought of moving and it was making it really hard to balance it all. They officially moved in the middle of July and we have only received two phone calls from them and both have been positive and have affirmed that they are most definitely in the right place!

Little did we know, three months later we would be picking up baby Zane from the NICU and finding out we were expecting baby Drake! You never know what the future holds but I'll tell you this, if I find myself with two more kids next June, someone better shake me silly because I'll clearly have lost my mind!

All in all I'm thankful for the time I was able to have them in my life, they taught me a lot about myself and about the world around me. They are great kids who deserve a fantastic future and I am thrilled to hear that they have people behind them who will help them achieve their goals! When you get a phone call to accept a foster placement, you have no way of knowing what will come along with that so it's an amazing thing to see a happy ending. We have been very lucky to have seen two happy endings with both of our foster care placements!

However, what we taught Little Big Man must not have sunk in, last summer he was grounded for hiding his homework from us and had to finish it before he could get ungrounded at our house... This summer he informed me that he's living out the same fate! Boys! (And I have three of them!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment